Friday, May 28, 2010

Tomato Plant

My tomato plant is fruiting! I have been trying to grow a tomato plant many times but none of it survive. There was one tomato plant which I planted from seeds and it grew up to the stage that it actually flowers. I was very excited and couldn't wait for the flowers to fruit. Then one fine day, when I came back from work, as usual I would open the kitchen window to take a look at my plants. To my horror, my tomato plant has collapsed! Yes, just like that! And I do not know why! I was so disappointed and almost gave up on tomato plants!

This may sound silly, but my greatest desire among all the plants is to grow my very own tomatoes, imagine biting into home grown juicy sweet tomatoes! So, for the first time, the tomato plant that I planted has finally fruit, though it is only one fruit, but I'm sure there's more to come! I couldn't wait to harvest and taste the fruit. I'm sure it will be very tasty and sweet!









Update on my bitter gourd :
Found another bitter gourd fruit near the roof. Hidden among the thick belimbing leaves. It is already starting to turn a slight yellow, time to harvest. There is only one, what can I cook it with? I turned it into a "bitter gourd omelette". Taste really good with a slight tinge of bitterness. I couldn't find any other bitter gourd fruit except for the first two fruits which I think can be harvested soon.




The pretty delicate flower of the bitter gourd.

3 comments:

  1. your tomato dream has finally come true! so happy !!! i know how it feels. my jagung now got 2 fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy for you both..now we are all one big happy family since my grapevine is fruiting too! And I've harvested the terung assam and had terung assam sambal belacan yesterday with ponte. woo hoo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. petite nyonya, my jagung is flowering too!

    what's baking, remember to semai the terung asam! Syioknya!

    ReplyDelete