Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Petola (Ridged Luffa Gourd)

Petola is one of our favourite in my house. It is sweet, and delicious in stir-fries, omelettes and soups.
I have grown these a few times. Since I have limited gardening space, and lots of other veggies on my list of "to-plant", petola will only make an appearance again after a rotation of a few other plants. 




The first fruit


More petola fruits





Some of the harvest. For young tender fruits, best harvested about 12 days after pollination.


More petola, along with some spring onions.

Total petola fruits harvested was 11 fruits, from one single plant. The plant has already done its part, and that space is now occupied by another variety of gourd. Will update on that in another post.


Happy Gardening!




4 comments:

  1. Joyce, I am so impressed! I love petola too but it's been a while since I had some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's good harvest from single plant! So what you cook with last last 3 ?

    ReplyDelete